School’ s out for summer!

Welcome to my very first Head teacher’s monthly blog-thank you Mr Lewis for setting me up and providing me with my step by step instructions!

As we come to the end of another year in Ysgol yr Hendy I would like to thank the pupils, staff, parents and governors for their hard work and support this year.

What a busy term this has been and we finally managed to fit in sports day yesterday and what a great day it was! Who would have thought that it would take a tie breaker to decide which llys  would win. Congratulations Morlais! A massive thank you to our wonderful PTA for enduring the heat to sell strawberries and drinks, and to Mr Josh Turnbull for donating   the signed Welsh rugby ball for our raffle. Thank you to our wonderful starter Mr Thomas and all the staff for their hard work in preparing the pupils.

Today we held our leavers’ service which was both a celebration of our year 6 pupils’ time in Ysgol yr Hendy. It was even more emotional than usual as we awarded  the ‘Tlws Marcus Bowen Trophy’ in memory of our former pupil Marcus who tragically lost his battle to cancer this year. It was wonderful to see his mum and sister returning to the school to present the award.  Year 6 we wish you the very best of luck as you begin your new chapter in your journey. But remember you are more than a pupil in Ysgol yr Hendy you are an integral part of a village community and these links will last a life time. I know year 6 would like to thank all the staff for their help and support in Ysgol yr Hendy, Ms Fuge and Miss Nicklin for arranging the singing, Mr Davies, Mr Batcup  and  Mr Lewis for arranging the service and Mrs Elias for organising your special leaving gifts- leavers ‘t’shirts.

A very special good -bye to Miss Leech (who begins in Ysgol y Bedol) and Miss Davies- thank you both for your hard work very much.

In September we will welcome Mrs Sian Lloyd to the school and we are all looking forward to having Mrs Lloyd on our staff. Mrs Lloyd will teach Bl 1a2.

May I wish you all a very happy and safe holidays and we will see the pupils back in school on Monday September 5th 2016.

Gyda’n gilydd cymaint mwy!

Mrs Kenny